1. Only students enrolled in Walk by the Way will be able to attend on co-op days.
2. All students will attend only the class they have been enrolled in.
3. Children may not be taken out of their class during their parent’s free hour. The parent room is for parent/guardians only.
4. Immobile infants up to 12 months of age may be brought with the teaching parent to class and/or parent room as long as they do not disrupt the classroom setting. Otherwise, nursery care is available during all three hours of co-op.
5. In order for a child to attend a co-op class day, his/her parent/guardian must also be in attendance for the entire co-op day, fulfilling their assigned teaching positions.
Out of consideration for the well being of all students & parents, we please ask that you NOT attend co-op if you or your child have had in the last 24 hours:
· Colored discharge of the eyes or nose
· Pink Eye
· Any other contagious disease or infection
· For cases of head lice, there must be NO adult lice OR nits present for 10 days.
*If you will not be attending co-op due to illness, please contact the appropriate Education Director as soon as possible and arrange substitutes to cover your teaching positions.
Weather Cancellation Policy
1. If Sioux Falls public schools cancel or have a late start on a day that co-op meets, Walk by the Way will be cancelled.
2. If smaller surrounding schools cancel on a day that co-op meets (but Sioux Falls does not), there will be a condensed co-op meeting from 10:00am-11:30am. It will be an open gym/play group setting for those who are able to attend. Normal classes will NOT be held.
a. Those in attendance during a condensed co-op day will be asked to supervise a play group activity or serve in the nursery.
b. If you are unsure if Walk by the Way will be meeting, please check the Facebook group page for updates or contact a current Walk by the Way board member.
Failure to follow co-op policies and/or Parent and Student ResponsibilitieS* may result in dismissal from the co-op.
*Additional policies and expectations will be presented at the required Parent Orientation Meeting prior to each school year.